Sunday, May 4, 2008

GOP Throws out Journalist

Just saw this on The Up Take It seems that a Up Take’s video volunteer was booted from the Republican First Congressional convention in Albert Lea.

Kyle Potter, a Volunteer Journalist for The Up Take describes what happened to him.

“A few weeks ago, I got the assignment to go there and I emailed and called
the person who was in charge of the event, the chair person for the first
congressional district, and I got no response. So I figured, OK I’ll just go
down there. I’ll talk to someone at the press credential table and we’ll see
what happens. “I went down. I didn’t see any press credential table so I walked in
and I set up my camera. I filmed for awhile and I was told by the
Sergeant-At-Arms that I have to register my camera. I asked him who to do that
with, and he said that he would talk to the person who I emailed originally.
“The Sergeant-At-Arms comes back and says that I was denied access. And I asked
why and he said there wasn’t any reason given. So I had to leave


If you would like to see video of this and other GOP altercations Click Here

No comments: