Friday, June 13, 2008

Have You Heard?

The Republican smear machine has been working overtime for a while now on putting out false accusations on the air waves and in cyberspace about Sen. Barack Obama

Like, have you received an e-mail lately telling that Sen. Obama won't pledge allegiance to the flag?

How about the one that says he took the Senate oath of office with his hand on the Qur'an?

Well folks, these rumors are nothing more then lies and mistruths that have been circling around the Internet, spread by the GOP Sleaze machine. Republicans seem to care less if a smear has any truth to it or not.

To think this type of false information is being spread by the Party that says it stands up for family values. I never knew that lying was a positive family value. .

One would think that the religious right would be up in arms over this type of conduct of spreading lies and mistruths, since it is breaking one of the 10 commandments.

Remember number nine?

'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

Why haven't we heard a word from them over these tactics???


The Obama campaign has started a new website called Fight the Smears. This new site is an effort to fight back against damaging rumors being spread about him.

Check this cite out and find out the truth. Then stop and think for a few minutes, then ask your self,
if all the republicans can do do is spread rumors, lies and mistruths to avoid answering the real issues that is affecting all Americans, how can we really trust them?

1 comment:

Minnesota Central said...

Interesting subject … how to refute falsehoods. Obama’s approach may work IF people check his site BUT we have seen too often where the lie becomes the accepted truth after it is believed by the masses.

Allow me to digress with a story for background, this weekend I attended the wedding of a neighbor’s eldest daughter … over the past 25 years, we have watched the kids grow and met many of their extended family. The bride was beautiful, but Mom and Dad were more at ease because the bride’s twin brother was able to move his leave from April to June and arrived in from Iraq just 14 hours before the service. Through the Dad I have heard the stories. He joined the Army to be a medic and help people, but he soon found himself on the receiving end of getting assistance after a mortar attack in the Green Zone. He’s had a buddy killed and had to confront and kill an Iraqi in combat. Through it all, his attitude is great … and as he says, “He loves his job.”

As we’re standing around talking, the subject moved to politics. One of the uncles, who I would classify as a Reagan Democrat said he could not vote for that “Muslim”. OK, I have been down this road before … in 2000, he told me that he couldn’t vote for Gore because “gun issues” … I responded “Yeh, I think Bush was on the Rifle Team at Andover Prep and Yale” … everybody laughed … but I knew he wouldn’t change, so I said, “If the NRA is your key, why don’t you write in Charlton Heston” … once again, everybody laughed, but I said I was serious. “Bush ain’t gonna help us on our taxes, just his rich oil buddies … write-in Heston … send a message, besides it won’t make any difference.” He said he would … whether he did or not, I don’t know.

So when he voiced that Obama was a Muslim, I knew I could have said that he was a Christian, but then that would lead to the whole Wright controversy. So, I did what politicians do, I changed the subject. “Did you hear that some foreign company wants to buy Budweiser … no wonder McCain wants to keep Capital Gains tax cuts in effect and eliminate Corporate Taxes … McCain ain’t gonna help me with my healthcare … he’s as bad as Bush.” People nodded. Then I said “I bet your gonna vote for Bob Barr” “Who?” “You know Bob Barr … he was the Republican Congressman who went after Clinton on impeachment … he’s a big NRA guy --- on the Board of Directors -- and is running for President on the Libertarian ticket … I hear a lot of NRA guys are going for Barr.”

That’s my theory. Some people will never vote for Obama regardless of how their lives could be affected … so one less vote for McCain is a vote for Obama.